Your personal information is important to Marivent Resort Hotel Inc., the Management Company of Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar, its employees, agents or representatives (collectively referred to as “Marivent”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We handle your personal information and data in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, other issuances of the National Privacy Commission and other relevant laws of the Philippines (collectively, the “DPA”).
We recognize the importance of your rights as a Data Subject under the DPA and its implementing rules and regulations. Such rights are as follows:
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to rectify
- Right to erasure or blocking
- Right to damages
- Right to data portability
- Right to file complaint
To know the extent of your rights as a Data Subject, you may refer to https://www.privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights/.
Personal Information Collection
Personal Information under the DPA refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding such information, or such information, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual.
In the performance of our services, or as part of our transactions and dealings, we collect your personal information which may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Your name, nationality, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, ID details, unique identifiers, email address, residence, office, and mailing address, phone numbers, visual and audio recordings, and other information, as part of our transactions and dealings with you;
- Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details;
- Purchase history, including previous and future stays information;
- Expressed preferences;
- Customer communication preferences;
- Customer feedback;
- Your resume, which includes personal details, family background, educational background and employment history, and your physical and health information, when you seek employment with us;
- Your basic credit data, both positive and negative, as defined in the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Credit Information System Act, or Republic Act No. 9510, when you avail intend to avail of our products and services on credit;
- Your credit card information, when you avail of our products and services;
- Your company information, performance, history, basic credit data – both positive and negative – and financial and capital, when we engage in business transactions or you partner with us;
- Your browsing and social media behavior and publicly accessible personal information and posts, when you browse into our website, download mobile applications and tag or mention us on your social media accounts;
- Your feedback on our company, and on our products and services; and
- Any information you submit to our sales, account management, or customer relations agents for update of your records or information; in relation to your inquiries or requests; when you participate in our survey, discount, event information and prize promotion; when you refer a person to verify the information you provided to us; when you visit and connect to our websites and social media pages; or any other event or activity that may be similar or related to any of the foregoing.
When you provide information other than your own, you certify that you have obtained the consent and authority of the owner of such information (such as your parents, spouse, children, dependent, or any other person) to allow us to disclose and process such information. You are responsible for ensuring that all personal data you submit to us are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties, such as third-party sales and marketing outfits, travel agencies, distributors, third-party diagnostic centers, and third-party security personnel. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware that the information being taken are made in our behalf or for our benefit.
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Process the products and services that you have availed from us;
- Administration and management of room; transportation requirements;
- Profile our clients for the formulation of the marketing strategy for our products and services;
- Communicate our latest products, services, promos and events;
- Respond immediately to your needs, requests, queries and complaints;
- Send you service information communications (e.g. reservation/booking confirmation);
- Comply with the law, rule or regulation and all legal orders and processes;
- Process your application and conduct due diligence for, and documentation of, our transaction.
- Improve customer experience through products and services based on the feedback from our users;
- Transfer them to a buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
We share your personal information, to the extent that is reasonable and necessary, to:
- Banks, insurers or professional advisers in connection with due diligence and documentation of your transaction.
- Any third-party service provider performing financial, administrative, technical, sales, legal, medical and other ancillary services on our behalf or for our benefit.
- Government institution and other competent authorities which by law, rules or regulations require us to disclose your personal information.
- Any person or entity we contractually entered with and who ensures the confidentiality standard we implement and adheres to the DPA.
- Any person in order to carry out functions of public authority, and for collection and further processing pertaining to law enforcement, taxation or other regulatory function.
Personal Information Retention and Protection
We retain your personal information:
- To the extent necessary in keeping track of your transaction and records.
- As may be agreed upon by the parties to a contract.
- For statistical, research and other purpose specifically authorized by law.
Data collected will be retained in accordance with retention limit set by our standards, industry standards and laws and regulations, unless you request your data to be deleted in our database. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information, we put in place organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect your personal information, such as:
- Use of secured servers, firewalls, encryptions and other latest security tools.
- Limited access to personal information to those duly authorized processors. All transfers are made after complying with the established confidentiality policy and practices in place.
- Maintain a secured server operating environment by performing regular security patch update and server hardening.
Cookies and Related Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of file which originates from a website and is transferred to the user’s hard drive to record the user’s browsing activity. Cookies were designed to remember pieces of information that the user has entered in a certain website. Essentially, cookies help in making the browsing of our site easier by, among other things, saving your name, addresses, passwords and other preferences.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some delay in browsing our website or it will not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Renewal of Policy
|Postal Address:||2nd Floor Victoria Towers,
Timog Ave. Cor. Panay Ave.,
Brgy. Paligsahan, Quezon City,
Attn: Data Protection Officer
|Telephone Number:||(632)8-447-7777 loc. 198|