Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
Vanguard of Filipino heritage.
Travel back to Old Manila when you step foot in Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. Home to Jose Acuzar’s collection of restored Spanish-Filipino houses, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar showcases the best of Filipino heritage and culture.
Each casa comes from an elite and notable accesoria that has its own story to tell. Marvel at the unique Filipino craftsmanship used in the restoration of each house through an interactive heritage tour.
The only property in the Philippines to be part of Historic Hotels Worldwide, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar serves as a bridge between the rich history of the Spanish colonial era and the contemporary luxury and comfort of a modern hotel.
Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is part of the Conde Nast Johansens Luxury Global Collection and Peninsula Hotel’s Pencities Luxe Guide. This Bagac Bataan beach resort is also the Asia Awards of Excellence winner for Asia’s most excellent destination for 2017 and is a project of the New San Jose Builders, Inc. in consultancy with Asian Grand Legacy Hotels.
- “If you want a weekend that will make you appreciate Philippine history, preservation of ancestral homes – come to Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar.“ Karen Davila, ABS-CBN Broadcast Journalist
- “This place isn’t just about the preserved buildings but about the stories of the homes, families and the hands that rebuilt them. You do what you have to do, with puso. Bring your families here.“ Daphne Oseña Paez, TV Host/Producer
- “The tramvia service was used as the primary mode of transportation in Manila from 1800-1945. Wish we still had it operating in Manila.“ Cristalle Belo
- “Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is so much more than a tourist destination. It is a salute to the past, a homage to a long-lost beauty now immortalized in wood, stone and Filipino ingenuity.“ Stargate Peopleasia Enclaves Magazine (2017)
- “Consider this a sartorial homecoming to our Filipino heritage.“ Metro Magazine (June 2017)
- “The heritage community’s architecture continues to amaze visitors at its intricacy and immortal beauty. Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar maintains its goal of bringing pride in the past and hope for the future.“ Philippine Tatler